Are you looking for an easily transportable plasma cutting machine to use in the field or any other worksite?
Then, a lightweight and portable unit can be the right option for you that will translate into saved time and money.
But, finding the best portable plasma cutters for you takes some research.
We’ve done the hard part for you. So, you don’t need to wear your fingers out searching online for one which is best on the quality to price ratio.
In this portable plasma cutter review, you’ll discover 4 sought-after models that will give you value for money.
Hopefully, you will find the right one for your next plasma cutting field project, no matter what your budget is.
4 Best Portable Plasma Cutters for Contractors and Trade Workers
The market is over-flooded with numerous options. But all are not built equally and do not perform exactly as the manufacturer claim. There is a chance to be trapped with the paradox of choice.
What’s more, you need to consider several factors to consider and compare different models to make the right purchase. Ultimately, this may take your time for research and patience.
Our team of experts tested more than 60 models available. Finally, short-listed the following 4 models. These are easy to set up, lightweight, and portable for anyone working with metal.
There’s certainly one for every project and every budget.
- Duty cycle: 60%
- Input Voltage: 110 V/220 V
- No-load voltage: 230V
- Rated output current: 20-50A
- Rated output voltage: 96V
- Maximum cutting thickness:1-12mm
- Cutting speed increased: 1.8 times.
- Rated input power: 4.8KVA
- Motor: 1300rpm
- Pilot arc model: HF oscillating
- Pressure of air compressor (MPA): 0.4
- Weight: 23lbs
- Dimensions: 15.3″x 9.2″x 6”
Top Features at a Glance
- High-Frequency Pilot Arc start
- Shoulder strap for enhanced portability
- Electricity and gas integration terminal
- Air plug connecter
- 5-gear adjustment
- Super fan to release the heat of running
VIVOHOME CUT-50 is a truly portable unit that is easy and convenient for you to carry far away and long-term work. Thanks to its shoulder strap.
It utilizes the latest inverter technology that significantly reduces the overall weight and size of the unit. The lightweight and compact design make it perfect for workers who are on the go. What’s more, it won’t hog up much space in your shop.
This machine has an HF arc start. The torch easily cut metal to a maximum thickness of 12mm. You can use it for cutting stainless steel, alloyed steel, low-carbon steel, copper, and other metal materials.
Conveniently, cutting thick steel plates is very fast, convenient, and economical with this cutting tool.
Get the work done faster!
This unit offers enhanced cutting speed, which is 1.8 times faster than oxy-acetylene cutting. Plus, the inverter power supply generates a powerful DC welding current through PWM technology.
With a 60% duty cycle, it works non-stop for up to 6 minutes every 10 minutes. So, you can finish your projects quicker than ever. The 50Hz frequency is inverted to a high frequency. Thanks to it MOSFET technology.
The Package Include:
- AIR Regulator (1 pc)
- Cutting torch LG-40 (1 pc)
- Pressure reducing valve (1 pc)
- Earth clamp (1 pc)
- Plasma Tip (2 pcs)
- PG Head (1 pc)
- Gas pipe clasper (2 pcs)
- Hoop (2 pcs)
- English Manual (1 pc)
- Welding Face Mask
- Wire Brush/ Chipping Hammer
- Goggles (1 pc)
The easy-to-understand English manual ensures that everyone gets the best out of the VIVOHOME CUT-50 without having to rely on guesswork.
- Wide range of uses
- Reliable and economical
- Easy to set up
- High cutting speed
- Smooth cutting results
- No polish demands
- Improved cutting ability
- Very convenient and fast for thick steel plate cutting
- Easily available consumables
- No handle, only shoulder strap included
- Not a pilot arc, so it has to touch the metal to start the arc.
- Input Voltage: 110 V/220 V
- Frequency: 50/60Hz
- Rated output current: 10-50 A
- Duty Cycle @ 40°C (104°F): 60% @ 50A, 110V & 60% @ 50A, 220V
- Ideal clean cut at 220/240V: 1/2”
- Maximum severance cut at 220/240V: 3/4”
- Weight: 22.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 15 “x 6″x 12”
Lotos LT5000D Air Inverter Plasma cutting machine delivers impressive cutting performance in a portable and compact unit. It is an excellent choice to use in a rugged industrial and construction environment. It’s also the perfect home DIY job.
It provides steady output for thin metal cutting as well as high power cutting output for thick metal. Thanks to its state-of-the-art MOSFET transistor.
LT5000D also produces powerful DC welding currents by utilizing PWM (Pulse-Width-Modulation) technology. So, it can cut thicker materials than any standard DC plasma cutting machine.
It can cut through alloy steel, stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum and copper. Conveniently, it cuts faster with less distortion in the metal piece. Thanks to its high-frequency plasma.
Importantly, it uses compressed air to cut. This non-hazardous means less cleaning, less maintenance and overall less work. What’s more, it’s safe to use and also low cost.
Automatic dual voltage capability lets it run directly on 220 V 50/60 Hz power or 110 V 50/60 Hz using a pigtail (sold separately).
The revolutionary Inverter technology makes the unit compact and lightweight for easy transport. It also has a handle for portability.
Setting up this whole portable unit requires only 1 minute!
The pre-installed D- plug and air filter regulator lets you connect it to your air compressor using the stand coupler.
- 9’9” long, 3 prong Plasma cutting torch (1pc)
- 6’8” long Ground clamp & cable (1pc)
- Air filter & regulator (1 pc): regulates 0~150psi
- Air hose connections (6 pcs): 4 clamps, two couplers
- Air hose (1pc)
- High speed and precision cuts
- Easy to set up and use
- Smooth, clean cuts
- Stable high performance
- Ruggedly built and durable
- 1-year warranty
- Short ground clamp
- Input Voltage: 115V/230V/60Hz/1-Phase
- Rated output current: 15-50 A
- Duty Cycle 60% at 50A & 100% at 38.7A
- Ideal clean-cut: 3/4”
- Maximum severance cut: 1”
- Output Terminal Type: Direct Wire
- Weight: 30.36 pounds
- Dimensions: 20.66 x 12.2 x 16.53 in
Top Features at a Glance
- 100V to 240V voltage adjustment capability
- Heat- and impact resistant specially designed torch
- Automatic voltage detection technology
Amico is a renowned company in the welding industry for manufacturing quality plasma cutters at cost-efficient prices.
AMICO POWER CUT 50 PRO. is a new and improved model that will make your plasma cutting work more convenient. This portable unit is designed for both demanding construction and industrial work. It’s also perfect for home and hobby use.
The torch is made from heat and impact-resistant materials. Moreover, it’ll provide a sure and comfortable grip. Even with thick protective gloves, you can hold them easily and handle them comfortably for extended periods of use.
It allows you to cut mild steel, stainless steel, alloy steel, copper aluminum, and many other materials.
By utilizing the advanced inverter technology, it can work efficiently with high frequency. Notably, it can cut a thickness of 3/4 inch, and the max severance thickness is 1.0 inches.
An inconsistent power supply may destroy a plasma cutting machine if it does not regulate itself. But this is not the case with Amico Power CUT 50 Pro. It provides a wide range of dual voltage conversions. The voltage automatically adapts to 100V to 240V input power (adapters included).
Easier to use!
The air pressure manual meter and adjustment are attached to the front of the machine for convenient use.
The best-selling point!
The prominent aspect is it’s optimized to run on less maintenance. So, you have to spend less time cleaning and caring for the unit. As a result, you will get more time for cleaner and closer cuts.
So, what about its portability?
There are two grippers over the top of the unit for easy carrying.
- 110V & 230V Power Adapter (1pc)
- Plasma Cutter Gun Assembly, 13 Feet (SG55/AG60)
- 630A Work Clamp with Cable, 11 Feet
- Air Filter and Pressure Gage (Installed inside the machine)
- Instruction Manual
- Easy and convenient to use
- Ideal for home and industrial uses
- Requires less maintenance
- High cutting performance
- Cut a wide range of metals
- Human-friendly grip design
- ETL Listed
Several users have complained that it is prone to air leaks.
- Input Current: 110-220V, 1-PH, 20 A
- Input Voltages: 110-220V, 1-PH, 50/60 Hz
- Output Current 10-50 A
- Duty Cycle @ 40°C (104°F): 60% @ 50A, 220V & 60% @ 50A, 110V
- Maximum Severance Cut Thickness* 3/4”
- MATERIALS CUTTING THICKNESS*
- Mild Steel Max. 5/8”(16mm) @ 50A
- Aluminum Max. 1/2”(12mm) @ 50A
- Stainless Steel Max. 1/2”(12mm) @ 50A
- Recommended Gas Inlet Flow Rate / Pressure: 3.6 scfm @ 65 psi
- Dimensions with Handle 15” x 6” x 12”
- Weight: 22.5 lbs
Top Features at a Glance
- Dual voltage compatibility
- Built-in DC inverter technology
- User-friendly carrying handle
Whether it’s a home project or a rugged industrial and construction environment, PrimeWeld CUT50D can withstand extensive uses.
The built-in DC inverter technology converts DC to AC to allow the machine to run at a quieter pace.
No need to invest in an adapter!
The 110V/220V capacity makes it perfect to use in different locations. It regulates the current to ensure a smooth and consistent cut, regardless of fluctuations in power.
It cuts thicker material with ease than any standard DC plasma cutting machine. It also cuts faster with less distortion. Thanks to its high-frequency and state-of-the-art MOSFET transistor
Need to carry the unit around the project site?
Conveniently, there is a big handle at the very top of the unit. So, you can freely carry it from one spot to another.
CUT50D air inverter plasma cutter comes with a comprehensive kit of its own. This way, you can get straight into your cutting work.
- Plasma cutting torch (1pc)
- Ground clamp & cable, 3 prong & 9’9” long (1pc)
- Air hose connections (6pcs)
- Air filter, 6’8” long (1pc)
- Four clamps, two couplers Air hose (1)
- High power output
- Lightweight and portable
- Rugged and durable
- Requires less cleaning and maintenance
- Three years warranty
- It may require some training and practice to get used to.
These are the best portable plasma cutters for the money.
But the ultimate choice is yours.
Take the advantage of these versatile machines!
If you find the right one for your work, don’t hesitate to let us know.
Thanks for reading.