Looking at buying the best welder for farm use?
But which one- MIG, Stick or TIG welder?”
Farms encounter a wide range of welding projects and repairs. So, every ranch or farm needs to have two or three different types of welders.
What if you don’t want to invest in several types of welders?
Keep it simple!
Go with the Inverter Stick Welder or “Stick Welder” for short!
Obviously, the best welder for general farm, ranch, or shop use is the stick welding machine.
But finding the best stick welder for farm use is challenging as there are too many options to choose from.
Here we come!
We drew up a list of best farm welder comparisons, which will undoubtedly help you to find the right one.
Best Stick Welder for Farm Use- In-depths Reviews of 5 Top-choices
Stick welding machines available on the market today have different features, sizes, and prices. Here are some highly reliable, simple and affordable options for your farm workshop.
We’ve tested them vigorously before compiling the list.
#1 Forney Easy Weld 298 Arc Welder 100ST
- Input: 120 volt
- Output: 90 amp
- Duty Cycle: 30% @ 80A
- Welds: 16 gauge up to 5/16″
- Handles: up to 1/8″ electrode (except 7018)
- Weight: 9.65 lbs.
- Dimensions: 12″ x 5.5″ x 10.5″
- Color: Green
- Measurement System: Metric
- Inverter power system
- Lift arc TIG capable
- Process selector switch to select between Stick and TIG
- 6 feet cord length
- Metal construction
- 8′ electrode holder (included)
- 8′ ground clamp (included)
“Every arc strike of this Forney welder is a breeze!”
This awesome little machine inaugurates Easy Start technology that makes the unit perfect for beginners, do-it-yourself and hobbyists.
Take it wherever you need to weld!
Yes, you’ve heard the right!
Repair and farm maintenance work are also way easier because of its lightweight design. Thanks to its innovative, inverter power system. The 9.65 pounds weight of this bad boy makes it extremely portable.
100ST Stick Welder is simple to use. It works great for automotive applications and small jobs around your home, farm or small workshop.
The 12-month warranty against manufacturer defects will help you to buy it with confidence.
- Easy to start and use
- Surprisingly smooth arc
- Easy to plug in almost anywhere
- Lightweight and portable
- Top performance results
- Welds a little cold
- Arc strikes are a little rough
- TIG torch not included
Overall, Forney 100ST Stick Welder is a good quality product for this price. It’s a powerful little machine to get the job done for all of your stick and TIG welding with ease. Highly recommended for anyone who doesn’t need to weld much or is looking for a cheap stick welder.
#2 2019 Everlast PowerPro 164Si Multi Process Welder, Tig Stick Pulse Plasma cutter
- Voltage: 240 volts
- Amperage: 200 A
- Power Source: ac/dc
- Welds: 3/16” swath on a single pass on AC, 3/8” on DC (both TIG), 5/8” pass on the plasma cutter
- Installation Method: tig-welding
- Weight: 60 pounds
- Dimensions: 20″ x 12.5″ x 13.5″
- Color: Green
- Material: Stainless Steel
- 120A stick / 160A tig / 40A plasma cutter combo
- Inverter technology
- Dual Voltage- 110v and 220v
- Over current indicator
- OK to cut indicator
- Simple selector switch for process changeover
“EVERLAST POWERPRO 164Si STICK WELDER is a Great little welder, Performs beyond expectations for the money spent!”
But why am I saying this?
EVERLAST POWERPRO 164Si is a bit expensive welder.
But the big question- is it worth this high- price tag?
First up, it’s an excellent choice for ranchers or farmers, maintenance crews, industry, construction contractors. It’s rated heavy-duty and covers a variety of basic welding jobs.
The revolutionary inverter design ensures low power consumption. It also provides exceptional arc stability for Stick/ TIG function.
Additionally, this little boy can generate power from 110 and 220-volt outlets. Moreover, it’s compatible with generators. And it can produce a minimum of 10,000 watts of “renewable energy.
So, how does this multi-process welder perform?
“WOW,” it’ll just blow your mind!
It’s a powerful 120A Stick / 160A TIG/ welder plus pulse 40am plasma cutter combo. It welds almost any metal- 3/16-in. on single pass on AC TIG and 3/8-in. on DC TIG. Moreover, it offers clean and smooth plasma cuts on virtually any metal (5/8-in. on a single pass).
Wait – there’s more.
This unit comes with a selector switch that lets you change out of torches quickly from TIG to plasma back to TIG. Furthermore, the overcurrent indicator warns if duty cycle exceeds. And the OK to cut indicator lights when air pressure meets the minimum required operating pressure.
Astonishing! Isn’t it?
Finally, this welder comes with 30 days money back and is covered by a 5-years warranty on parts and labor.
- Compact yet powerful
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy to use controls
- Smooth and clean cut on virtually any metal
- Weld almost any metal
- Low power consumption
- Smooth operation, not too noisy
- High duty cycle at rated amp
- Exceptional arc stability
- Top customer service
- It’s a heavyweight welder, but it doesn’t affect its portability.
- To use with a generator, this welder requires a higher output (at least 10,000 watts of continuous output) generator for the best results.
Everlast multi-process welder 164Si, in particular, is a powerful performer for the relatively low price. The ability to cut and weld in a single unit is not so common in this price range. In summary, it’s the most optimal multi-process welder for farm use and home work-shop.
#3 Hobart 500570 Stickmate 160i DC Arc Welder
- Input: 120V/ 240V
- Output Range: 20 to 80, 20 to 160 amp
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Wattage: 5000 watts
- Style: Stickmate
- Measurement System: Metric
- Welds: up to 5/32 in. mild steel
- Duty cycle: 30% (240volts)
- Weldable materials: Steel, stainless steel
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Dimensions: 13.4 x 7.1 x 10.5 inches
- Hot Start(TM) Technology
- Dual Voltage Capability with Multi-Voltage Plug Adapters
- Infinite Amperage Control
- Adjustable Shoulder Strap
- Hobart(R) 5/3/1 Industrial Warranty
- 10 ft electrode cable with holder
- 10 ft work cable with clamp
- 6.5 ft power cord
- 120V and 240V MVP adapter
Hobart 500570 Stickmate 160i is different from a lot of arc welders.
I know you’re wondering!
Stickmate isn’t different in a bad way. In fact, it’s different in positive aspects.
Sit back and read through this Hobart 160i review to get to know more!
Hobart stickmate 160i is more than just a simple tool. Ranches, Farms, Metal Art, repair, and Maintenance are some specific areas where this little machine performs tremendously.
Weld smarter by bringing the Stickmate 160i to work!
This welder blends functionality with a lightweight, compact design. It’s a well-built and rugged piece of tool.
Turn it on and it’s ready to go!
Yes, it’s true!
This arc welder starts up easily and quickly. And it provides a reliable arc. Thanks to Hot Start(TM) Technology.
It performs beyond expectations for the money you’ll spend!
Stickmate offers a consistent level of performance. Even the more tricky tasks you can do with ease this lightweight, powerful machine.
- Reliable and dependable
- Well-built and rugged
- Easy to transport and store
- Quick and easy start
- High Weld Output
- Precise and accurate amperage control
- Nothing for the price
All in all, Hobart stickmate 160i is an awesome little machine. In terms of design, built quality and functionality, it’s good stuff. Undoubtedly you’ll be surprised by the performance of this little boy.
#4 LINCOLN ELECTRIC CO K1170 AC225, 60Hz Arc Welder
- Input power: 230V
- Output Range: 40-225 Amps AC
- Rated output: 225A/25V/20%
- Wattage: 51750 watts
- Welds: up to ¼ inch (16 gauge and heavier metal)
- Measurement System: Metric
- Duty cycle: 20% at 225A, 25V
- Electrode Size: 3/32–5/32 in.
- Weight: 109 lbs.
- Dimensions: 24.0 x 17.25 x 12.0 inches
- Weldable materials: Carbon, low alloy, stainless steel, cast iron
- Easy to use operator interface
- Full range Amp selector switch
- 225 amp AC outlet
- Insulated electrode holder and cable
- NEMA6-50P plug and 9 ft. input power cord
- 10 ft. work cable and clamp
- NEMA rated, UL listed and CSA approved
K1170 AC225 is one of the best-selling, top-performing arc electric welders of the LINCOLN ELECTRIC brand. It’s exceptional and popular for its broad welding range and versatility to weld a wide range of materials.
But what makes it stand out among the others?
This lincoln AC 225 welder review will help you to learn more about this machine.
First of all, it uses electric current across a welding stick or filter wire to an extremely high-temperature arc that makes it enable to weld a variety of metals. It produces a smooth, heated arc that can deliver up to 6000 degrees C.
Want to take your dirty metal welding to a new level?
Not only stainless steel, alloys but also dirty and heavy-duty rusty metals you can weld with it. It welds efficiently most alloys and metals that are quite tricky. It works well on 16 gauge metals, too.
But that’s not all!
This model comes with several notable features that I like to let you know.
One of the convenient features is its full range amperage selector switch. It allows you to choose your required amperage from 40 to 225 amps. As a result, you can keep your heat output and welding current stable throughout your session and obtain smooth welding. Moreover, the smooth arc of this welder makes it easier for you to weld with different types of electrodes.
Wait! There is more….
Lincoln Electric AC225 Stick Welder is excellent for those new to welding.
AC225 comes equipped with a Nema-rated plug and a 9 ft. input power cable. So, anyone can install and start using this welder easily without any special skill. Additionally, a heavy-duty work clamp and insulated electrode holder makes set-up and using this machine even easier than ever.
AC225 Arc Welder is economical.
Yes, you’ve heard that right!
It gives the AC output. The 225 amps maximum AC output is just ideal for general purpose mild steel electrodes (4.8 mm in diameter) and other wires up to 4.0 mm.
Weld With Confidence!
AC225 welding machine is built to last and perform efficiently. But Lincoln Electric offers you a 3-year manufacturer warranty for this product to give you extra peace of mind.
- 1 x lincoln ac 225 welder
- 1 x Insulated electrode holder and cable
- 1 x Work clamp and cable
- 1 x lincoln ac 225 arc welder manual
- Easy to install and operate
- User-Friendly, simple design
- Compact and portable
- Uniform smooth arc every time
- Weld on a variety of metals
- Efficient and cost-effective
- Produce extremely smooth AC arc
- Comes with everything you need to weld right out of the box
It requires a minimum 50 Amp circuit, except this no significant issue was found.
LINCOLN ELECTRIC AC225 K1170 is a reliable, top-performing arc welder. Everything about this unit is superb. It’s a resilient and long-lasting machine. Moreover, it works fast and well. It’s also efficient, easy to use, portable and reasonably priced.
Overall, it’s a highly recommended product for farm, garage or small shop use.
#5 SUNGOLDPOWER 200Amp MIG MAG ARC MMA Stick DC Welder
- Flux Cored range: 0.03~ 0.039 inches (0.8~1.0mm)
- Solid Steel Wire Range: 0.03~ 0.039 inches (0.8~1.0mm)
- MIG & MMA current range: 110V: 50-140A (MIG), 20-120A(MMA); 220V: 50-200A (MIG), MMA20-200A (MMA)
- Wire feed speed range: 1.5~16m/min
- Voltage: 110V/ 220V
- Amperage: 50/60Hz
- Duty Cycle: 60%
- Power Source: DC
- Color: Red
- Weight: 33 lbs.
- Dimensions: 19.6” x 9.4” x 14.9”
- Multifunction ARC/ MMA/ MIG IGBT Technology
- Dual (110V/220V) voltage
- Over-heat protection and fan-cooled
- Aluminum welding with optional the spool gun
- MIG/MAG welding with gas-less flux or gas shielded welding wires
- Continuous adjustment on welding current in large scale
- Selector switch for spool gun or MIG gun operation for switching gun easy and quick
If you’re looking for the best dual voltage multifunction welder for farm use, don’t miss SUNGOLDPOWER MIG200. This portable unit efficiently delivers industrial type power on 110 or 220Volt.
This unit is perfect for farm & road equipment, rusty metal, outdoor repairs, and maintenance. It’s a workhorse for welding mild steel, stainless steel, iron, aluminum and other metal materials.
It features adjustable wire feed speed and welding current. So, you can adjust it to suit your application and weld it with different thicknesses.
It’s capable of aluminum welding with a spool gun. Of course, you have to buy the spool gun separately. Conveniently, there is a selector switch for switching between the spool gun and MIG gun operation easy and quick.
You can perform both the Gas-shielded MIG welding and Gas-less flux-cored welding. Most importantly, the 0.6-1.0mm solid core wire and Flux-Cored Wire uses the same adapter. So, you don’t need to use one more adapter.
Wait, there is much more…
It comes with almost everything you need to weld (flux core). The package includes:
- 1x Welding machine118-inch MIG torch
- 1-pound flux-cored wire
- 71-inch cable with electrode holder
- 47-inch cable with earth clamp
- Gas-less and gas nozzles
- Drive roll, Mask and Brush
- Very well built and sturdy
- Easy to set up
- Easy and simple to operate
- Easy to start arc, stable and little spatter
- Versatile and welds great
- Powerful but lightweight
- Convenient for transport and storage
- Well packaged
- It does not have anything fancy like an LCD screen to show amps and volts.
- It doesn’t come with a spool adapters.
- The manual has no information on how to set up the machine or its functions and features.
SUNGOLDPOWER 200Amp is one of the Best 110/220v welders for the price. It’s a great little inverter welder that does a great job. The very low weight, compact size, and stable power make things much easier than with a transformer welder. Overall, it’s the best bang for your buck.
For farm or ranch use, a stick welder is an excellent investment. Your requirements, applications, and budget are some essential factors to consider while selecting the best stick welder for farm use.
With that in mind, we’ve short-listed these best farm welders. Considering the features, performance and price, these units are good choices for you.
Now it’s your turn to pick the right one!
I’m Ivan D. Mitchell. I’m the Chief Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering Tool and Launch, specialising in automotive equipment design and build which meets World Class Manufacturing methodology. I have 15 years of work experience as a Tooling Specialist on some of the leading automotive manufacturing companies. When I launched this site, I wanted to create a platform where you’ll get everything about tools in one place. I also wanted to share my experience in the tool industry. I’ll do my best to share the information you need to truly make your tool using experience better. I hope you find our guides, reviews, information HELPFUL. If you have any inquiries, I’m always here to help you.